Losing your iPhone contacts unexpectedly can be really frustrating. You may lose contact with your long term friends, business partners etc… and this may have serious consequences. Because of this it is always a good idea to keep your contacts backed up.
In this post we will explain how to Back up all iPhone contacts using iCloud or iTunes backup method.
The entire process of backing up via iCloud Account is almost automated. However, in order to make sure that everything is configured properly you can do the backup manually by following these instructions:
- Open the Settings Menu and access iCloud.
- Now check whether your iCloud is setup properly and whether Contacts are “ON”. If they are not then turn the slider to “on” position.
- Continue scrolling down and when you see “Storage and backup” select it. After that select “Backup Now”.
This process will back up the entire content on your device including your contacts to the iCloud. After that you can easily access all of the data from any remote location using only an internet connection.
If you did not know it is totally possible to backup all of your contacts via iTunes as well. Normally, iTunes will backup all of the contacts by default, but if you have changed the settings without noticing you can do the procedure manually just to make sure everything goes well:
- Connect your iPhone and computer using UBS cable connection.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select your iPhone model and press on the tab that says Info.
- Now see if the Sync Contacts is checked. If not adjust the settings accordingly.
- Press the “Summary tab” and from there click on “Back Up Now”.
- Now all of your iPhone contacts will be backed up on your computer.
How to transfer contacts from Android device
If you have an android device form which you want to transfer contacts into your iPhone then you can follow our short step by step tutorial to make sure everything goes well.